Information & Ritual Uses
When feeling stuck in a particular situation (dead-end job, trying to relocate, starting a new business, finding a new source of income after a failing business, etc.) and cannot figure out a way out, use this resistance-releasing ritual to open pathways and move forward. It is best used when you are emotionally, mentally, and spiritually ready to experience sudden endings and are open to accepting a path to new beginnings.
The Path Opener Ritual Set includes:
- Banishing Ritual Blend
- Sacred Power Ritual Blend
- Witch's Dozen (13) Beeswax Ritual Candles
- Rosemary Smudge Bundle
- Printed Ritual Instructions (preview below)
In addition to this Ritual Kit, you will need:
- 5"x5" square piece of paper
- Black pen
- Fireproof surface (large stone tray, baking sheet, etc.)
Ritual InstructionsWhen to Perform:
Step 1: Before starting the ritual, combine 1/4 teaspoon of the Sacred Power Ritual Blend with 1/2 teaspoon of the Banishing Ritual Blend. The measurements do not have to be exact, but please be mindful to keep the same ratio.
Step 2: On the square piece of paper, write the following:
"I now release all that is blocking me from positive life changes. I now close the doors to _______. I now open all pathways to _________"
In the blank, write what you are consciously willing to let go of. This can be dysfunctional relationships, leaving a dead-end career, moving away from your hometown, closing down a failing business, etc.
Step 3: Place this square paper in the middle of your fireproof surface.
Step 4: Place the five ritual candles between the palms of your hands and slowly roll them back and forth. Chant your written statement and allow the beeswax to absorb the correlating energies.
Step 5: When the beeswax softens from the warmth of your hands, dust the five candles with the combined Ritual Blends as described in Step 1. Once evenly dusted, create a candle braid: Gather the five ritual candles in your hand, making sure they are lined up evenly. While holding both ends of the candles, gently begin to twist in opposite directions. The motion is similar to wringing out wet laundry. The candles' bottom (or legs) should then be untwisted for the last 1/2-1 inch of the candles. Next, spread each of the five candle legs in 5 different directions. This creates a self-contained base and quickly disperses energies.
Not sure what a candle braid is supposed to look like? View a (4) candle braid here.
Step 6: Place the candle braid on top of your paper square. With power, confidence, and authority, exclaim your written statement. Light a single wick of the candle braid.
Step 7: One by one, each candle will self-ignite the surrounding wicks. As the flames of the candles combine into a single powerful force, set your gaze at the space right above the flame. Allow your gaze to soften and become out of focus.
Chant the latter part of your mantra: "I now open all pathways to _________"
Get into the mental space of knowing that right now, in this very moment, your energies have shifted, and your life will now be rearranging itself. Feel comfortable in knowing that you are now on your path of least resistance. The desired change will come easily for you, and all you must do is release all resistance and allow your emitted energies to do the work.
Step 8: Light the rosemary smudge bundle from the flame of the candle. Gently and carefully move the smudge bundle around your body. Pay extra attention to your lower back, tailbone, and both shoulder blades. Next, smudge the space 10 inches or so above your head and the auric field 10 inches or so below your feet. To smudge the space below your feet, you will need to sit with your legs up or bend toward your feet while laying.
Step 9: Allow the candle braid to burn down to completion:
- If the flame catches the paper on fire, allow the fire to (safely!) consume the paper. Take it as a good sign that the closing of the old door(s) will be abrupt, and there is no physical action that will be required of you. Your proverbial Falling Tower will self-collapse, and you are already en route to a better life experience.
- If the candles do not light the paper on fire, or they prematurely self-extinguish in their own pool of wax, this means one of two things:
- There is still resistant energy within you or around you. Try performing this ritual the following morning or on the next Dark Moon.
- You will need to put some legwork into closing these old doors as your desired change will not be rearranged for you 'behind the scenes.' This often happens when a person is unsure about the path they desire, or on some subconscious level, are not truly open to that specific change. Contemplate the door you are trying to close or the path you are trying to find forward.
Note: Do not try to force or manipulate the candles to burn one way or another. Candles are a form of divination and accurately display emitted energies.
Remnant Disposal: Chop or grind the remnants (wax, ash, etc.) into fine bits and toss them into a busy intersection. As the movement of others passes through the ritual remnants, the energies are dispersed, and the world will begin to rearrange itself to suit your demands.
Old World Witchcraft Calendar
Old World Witchcraft calendar for important astrological events, including the Dark Moon, Witch's New Moon, Full Moon, and retrogrades.
For easy-to-understand and daily life relatable information, visit the Astrological Influences & Rituals blog.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.